Did you set a New Year’s resolution to become a better songwriter? If you’re serious about achieving your songwriting goals this year, there’s no better way to turn words into action than by joining SongwriterLink’s FREE 30-day co-writing challenge, starting February 1.
The challenge is designed to accommodate songwriters at all levels – especially those who are new to co-writing, want to get more comfortable with it, or have previously had trouble finishing co-writes. The challenge is carefully crafted to be motivating, but not too overwhelming; it’s flexible enough to accommodate participants’ busy schedules while still providing forward momentum. As long as you stay on track with each mini-challenge throughout the month, you’re guaranteed to have a fully co-written and demoed song by March 2.
The goal of this co-writing challenge is not to write a “perfect” song – it’s to practice getting a co-write done! The sense of accomplishment you’ll feel at the end of the 30 days from having simply completed a project will motivate you to keep up your songwriting productivity throughout the rest of the year – and hopefully beyond, if you stick with it!
In 30 days, you will:
- explore your hopes, fears, strengths, and weaknesses as both a songwriter and a co-writer
- brainstorm song ideas
- have at least two co-writing sessions
- practice revising and rewriting
- get peer feedback and support from other challenge participants
- get little notes of motivation and inspiration exactly when you need it the most
- practice making decisions to meet deadlines, as professional songwriters do
- learn about split sheets
- record a demo of your completed song (at any production level you feel comfortable with)
- get insanely motivated by your accomplishment, which will fuel your songwriting inspiration and productivity for months to come!
Join the challenge now, and make 2017 your best year of songwriting yet!